Mosquitoes infestation, what to do?
Any accumulation of stagnant water (even small) may create mosquitoes.
What to do at home?
- Eliminate stagnant water areas favourable to mosquitoes breeding (small ponds and lakes, cans, bottles, containers, pots, pot saucers, old tires and other containers);
- Turn over containers or small objects that can accumulate water, or remove them if they are not needed;
- Renew water from animal’s drinking fountains at least once a week;
- Keep the gutters clean and unblocked;
- Effectively cover or fill with rubble abandoned tanks and pools;
- Put sand in the jars and flower pots, to avoid the water accumulation.
Protect yourself, avoid mosquito bites!
- Avoid attending places with many mosquitoes, especially between dusk and dawn, which corresponds to the period of greatest mosquito activity;
- Use repellent with the active ingredient DEET ≥30% (especially in the case of children, ask your family doctor or pharmacist);
- Always put the sunscreen first and then the repellent (if not, the latter loses its effect).
Wear protective clothing when you are visiting places with many mosquitoes (light and loose clothing covering the whole body);
Install mosquito nets on the windows and doors of your home;
Infraquinta applies prevention treatment in the summer season during the months of June, July, August and September in the public areas (water line and lake).
However, it is important that each owner perform the same treatment in order to enhance the result, thus improving the efficiency of the procedure.