7 Tips to Keep Mosquitoes Away
There are several species of mosquitoes around the world and their bites both in humans and animals can become fatal in some cases.
The bites may cause mild irritation or develop into severe inflammation with swelling. Out of curiosity, it is only females that sting in Humans, Males feed on nectar and other sweet products. Mosquitoes travel long distances, as such, if there are still-waters less than 1 km from your House, it may well be attracting this species. Another fact that attracts the mosquitoes are well-watered lawns and shrubs.
So, as we know, it is not pleasant to live with mosquitoes, so here are 7 tips to ward off these annoying bugs:
- Keep windows closed - after dark, keep windows and doors closed, or block light with curtains.
- Mosquito nets - put mosquito nets on windows.
- Cleaning - Always clean dead mosquitoes as these can be a tasty meal for other pests.
- Water tap - conveniently cover existing water in reservoirs or containers to avoid spreading mosquito larvae
- Avoid standing water - avoid standing water (watering can, for example), as it is an ideal place for mosquitoes to develop.
- Natural Predators - If you have a garden pond, think about having a Goldfish, they will eat the larvae of the Mosquitoes.
- Natural Repellents - Try natural repellents such as Citronella, Mint, Chrysanthemum, Basil, Garlic, Lavender and Rosemary.